TREATY TREK 4X4 TOURS
Discover the history and follow the path of the Treaty of Waitangi, the founding document of New Zealand, which was taken across Northland in 1840 to collect signatures from Māori leaders of the area. With an optional visit to the unique Wairere Boulders.
- Waitangi Lookout, over looking the location of the first signing
- Te Waimate Historic Mission, location of the second signing
- Mangungu Mission House, location of the third signing
- Mt Bledisloe walk
- Puketi Forest Kauri walk
- Haruru Falls (horseshoe-shaped)
- Battle sites of the Northern Wars
- Lunch at the historic Horeke Tavern (included in price)
- Optional visit to the unique Wairere Boulders
Follow the story of the initial signing of the 1840 Treaty of Waitangi, the founding document of New Zealand. By getting off the beaten path you will get a feel for the land and what it was like to live at that time.
Boulders option – Adds entry to Wairere Boulders. A unique and stunning valley with fluted granite stones that have been dissolved by acidic overland flow from the ancient kauri forests that used to cover Northland.
The Jeeps or Toyota 4X4 can cater for up to four passengers. If both of our guides are available, we can cater for groups of up to eight. Simply book two tours and you can swap between vehicles on the day if you want.
We pickup from the Paihia Wharf Maritime Building car park, cruise ship tender jetty, or if preferred, from your local accommodation in Paihia, Opua or Russell. Request location at time of booking.
5 Hour Tour Pricing
Group of 1 = $650NZ ($650 pp)
Group of 2 = $700NZ ($350 pp)
Group of 3 = $7500NZ ($250 pp)
Group of 4 = $800NZ ($200 pp)
Boulders Option = Add $120 + $20pp
Adds one hour to the tour